Still was not feeling too hot tonight and I had part of a can of sweetcorn to use up so it was comfort food dinner again. After a bowl of mushroom soup from yesterday I made some sweetcorn pancakes. They really are so easy to make and because I love all kinds of pancakes they were just what I needed! Add that to the fact the Murray game finished at 10pm it was quick dinner time also!
I made enough for 3 pancakes but this recipe is really easy to multiply for extra people. This is definitely enough for one person though.
80 grams sweetcorn ( I used fresh but its fine to use frozen just ensure you allow them to defrost and dont use the water)
40 grams plain flour
40 grams room temperature water
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oil (just enough to ensure they wont stick)
1. In a bowl whisk all ingredients together. Ensure no flour lumps.
2. Leave the mixture to rest for a few moments while you bring a frying pan up to a medium heat.
3. Use a ladle to put a third of the mixture into the pan.
4. When the uncooked side starts to bubble slightly turn over and ensure both sides are cooked.
5. Serve with sweet chilli sauce (or a sauce of your choice).